Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College For Women Jhar Sahib
Ludhiana



  • Event

    1. 'Zonal School Games Competition 2022 held at college from 8th to 10th Sep,2022
    2. On Campus Placement Drive held at college
    3. Poster making competition on World Environment Day
    4. Women Day celebrated at College
    5. Extension lecture organised by Punjabi Deparment on 3 Mar, 2022
    6. Panjab University Inter College Gatka Competition held at College on 28 & 29 Dec, 2021

  • News


      Uniform & Books for Session 2022-23:

     Student can buy Uniform (white suit & blue dupatta from any
     shop)

      Subject teacher tells to the students about books that they can
      buy from any shop.


Welcome College

The present-day Panjab University traces its roots to the University of the Punjab established on 14 October 1882 at Lahore (now in Punjab, Pakistan). Most of the colleges affiliated to University of the Punjab were in the present Indian part of British India.

After the partition of India in 1947, the university was split into two for Pakistani Punjab. A new university was then established/relocated in the Punjab, India in 1947. To distinguish the two, the name of the university on the Indian side, the spelling for 'Punjab' was changed to Panjab. After 1947 the university had no campus of its own for nearly a decade. The administrative office was in Solan and the teaching departments functioned from Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Delhi, and Amritsar.

In 1956 the university was relocated to Chandigarh, on a red sandstone campus designed by Pierre Jeanneret under the guidance of the legendary Le Corbusier. Until the re-organisation of Punjab in 1966, the university had its regional centres at Rohtak, Shimla, Jalandhar and its affiliated colleges were in the states of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and U.T. of Chandigarh. With the re-organisation of Punjab, the university became an Inter-State Body Corporate catering to the newly organised state of Punjab and union-territory of Chandigarh.

About College

In 1704 A.D The Tenth Sikh Guru Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji left the Fortess of Chamkaur Sahib and reached Village Chuharpur. At that time it was a large forest and there a saint lived under a tree. He was so anxious to see Sri Guru Gobind Singh and His anxiety was fulfilled when Guru ji reached there to rest. .Read More

Species Facilites